17th ave red bia membership
YOU ARE A MEMBER IF..
- You rent or own a commercial property within our BIA’s boundaries. Click HERE for a map of our BIA’s boundary.
YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER IF..
- Run your business from a residential property or you are deemed a home based businesses.
- Your business is outside of our BIA’s boundaries as listed above.
- Your business is a registered not-for-profit business and is exempt from paying City of Calgary commercial property taxes.
BENEFITS? ACTIVATION OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP IS COMPLETELY FREE!
The 17th Ave RED BIA is governed by the Municipal Government Act and is completely funded by a municipal levy remunerated by the commercial business tenants and property owners within the BIA’s boundaries. We are accountable to the membership and are required to audit all funds each ear on behalf of the membership which is governed by peer nominated business members within our business improvement area.
When you register your business with the 17th Ave RED BIA and become part of our membership, you will have access to our network of about 55,000 subscribers and the following services:
- Participation in 17th Ave Events and Festivals.
- Ongoing promotion across all 17th Ave digital channels including our website and social media channels.
- Networking events and workshops created for businesses in our area.
- Advocacy on topic such as Property Tax, Law & Bylaw Enforcement, Public Realm Concerns, Social Disorder and more.
- A voice in the development and beautification of 17th Ave as it continues to be one of Calgary’s most enjoyable and vibrant districts.
If you have any questions regarding membership, contact us at [email protected] or call (587)356-4106.